Web / CRM Project Manager
Jackson River is looking for an experienced, technically proficient project manager to run projects ranging from CMS and CRM implementations to organization-wide technology initiatives for our progressive non-profit clients.
Jackson Rivers’ project managers are an integral part of the team, and as a Jackson River PM, you’ll tackle work beyond the usual timeline and budget PM tasks. Our PMs lead multiple ongoing projects, digging into the details of the Drupal CMS and the Salesforce CRM platforms, and serving as a valued consultant on a wide variety of online technology and implementation projects.
You'll get to work with some of the most influential and respected progressive nonprofit organizations and foundations, helping these clients better serve their constituencies. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented, skilled, and passionate team in delivering open-source, customized solutions for these clients. And you’ll get to work for Jackson River, a rapidly growing, profitable, virtual technology services company.
Our employees work from home -- wherever that may be -- occasionally traveling to client sites or conferences. The majority of our clients are based in Washington, DC, New York City, and the San Francisco Bay area, so some travel may be required depending upon where you live.
- Lead contact for day to day interactions with clients on large-scale website Implementations, system integrations, and other technology consulting projects via meetings, email, project management sites and ticketing tools
- Work extensively in Drupal and Salesforce; programming skills not required but comfort and confidence in configuring and navigating these systems is necessary
- Assist and guide clients in making complex technical decisions based on business goals, strategic objectives, and known best practices
- Develop internal and client facing project timelines, milestones, budget reports, technical requirements, and user documentation for projects
- Provide clients the highest level of customer service at every step in the process
- Manage a team of developers and producers to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Manage projects to SOW deliverables and budget
- Coordinate activities with other client vendors such as design firms, web hosts, or ESPs to deliver holistic solutions to clients
- Superior client service skills
- Big picture thinking with absolute attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- A solid understanding of project management methodologies
- Project/task scoping and estimation experience
- A knack for breaking down large-scale projects into manageable, deliverable tasks
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams, keeping them on schedule and on budget
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous client engagements, while delivering unparalleled customer service
- Basic understanding of online marketing, fundraising, and social networking strategies
- Basic understanding of current web tools and trends within nonprofit organizations: CMS, eCRM, Blogs, fundraising, ESPs, and advocacy software
- Facilitate client decision-making while adding value to those conversations
- Experience with Salesforce.com and/or Drupal
- Technically curious and unafraid to get your hands dirty with the systems and software; former developers/producers welcome
- Ability to work independently, but also know when to ask for support
- The discipline to work remotely and maintain a typical business-day schedule
- An excellent sense of humor
Salary is commensurate with experience. Send an email cover letter (this job involves WRITING and we will not consider applications without a cover letter) and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.