Drupal Performance for the Rest of Us
The Drupal universe is replete with recommendations and guides on how to scale and tune mammoth Drupal installations. While there are some resources covering basic Drupal caching, there is a surprising dearth of information on how to fine-tune the performance of your small-to-medium sized Drupal site.
This session is aimed at those who want to maximize the performance of their Drupal installation, but due to the realities of limited client or employer resources, are unable to deploy the reverse proxies and dedicated in-memory cache solutions touted for very large Drupal installations.
- Drupal's cache and its configuration debunked,
- Understand and feel comfortable configuring your Drupal site for performance,
- Modules and tools that extend, control, or monitor your cache.
- What does Drupal cache out of the box What else can it cache?
- What tools/modules are available to increase Drupal performance?
- How do you know which tools/modules to use and when to use them?
- What type of benefit do these tools/modules give and how effective are they?
Modules and topics covered
- Alternative Database Cache
- File cache
- Views/Block/Panel Caching
- Entity Cache
- Cache Actions
- Flush Page Cache
Interactive comparison of Performance Modules
View on Tableau Public
Use the filters to the right to compare different modules.