Meet the Drupal Association and DrupalCon
The Drupal Association is a not-for-profit trade organization that tasks itself with fostering and supporting the Drupal software project, the community and its growth. Created in 2006 by a group of volunteers the Association, like the Drupal community, has grown rapidly. In 2010 the Drupal Association helped form the U.S non-profit DrupalCon Inc., which hired the first full-time employees dedicated to organizing DrupalCon and supporting the growth of the Drupal community. The Drupal Association and DrupalCon are two organizations dedicated to supporting YOU, the members of the growing Drupal community.
The Drupal Association and DrupalCon support the community by:
- Maintaining the hardware and software infrastructure of Drupal.org and other community sites.
- Empowering the Drupal community to participate in and contribute to the project.
- Protecting the GPL source code of the Drupal project and its community contributions.
- Protecting the Drupal project and community through legal work and advocacy.
- Organizing and promoting worldwide events.
- Communicating the benefits of the Drupal software.
In this presentation you will learn why an open source project needs a supporting organization, how you can get involved in the Association's activities, and how best you can support the Drupal project.
Members of the Drupal community that are curious about the Drupal Association, want to get involved in the Association, or have questions on how best to support the Drupal project and its community.
Questions answered by this session
What is the Drupal Association?
Why does Drupal need an Association?
Who pays for the Drupal.org infrastructure?
How can I get involved in the Drupal Association?